Friday, July 9, 2010

Awkward Prom


Okay, so I'm gunna take this chance to admit that... I'm hopelessly drawn into those celebrity gossip websites that show old pictures of famous people. So, one fine afternoon, when I was wasting my time on the computer instead of enjoying the real world, I cam across one of the aforementioned sites with an album full of prom pictures. It was excruciatingly difficult to control myself and not grab every one of those pictures.
As a result, we have this collage featuring (starting from the upper left hand corner) Sandra Bullock, First Lady Michelle Obama, Brad Pitt, Demi Lovato, Halle Berry, Heather Locklear, Claire Danes, Britney Spears, Courtney Cox, Meg Ryan, and Fergie.

Oh, and of course there was Teen Vogue's yearly Prom guide that came in the form of a miniature magazine supplement. I had a hard time figuring out if I was more in love with the clothes and styling or the models...

The spread and all the clothes were GORGEOUS, but it didn't exactly register as PROM to me. It looked more like a pastel birthday party where all the guests are on sedatives, located in a Buckminster Fuller Cloud 9 airborne habitat.
There was also Betsey Johnson's cute little add for Prom.
I'll just tell you now, my Prom was no where near this pretty [especially compared to the one with the beautiful junkie attendees]. It was just an Awkward Prom.

No comments:

Post a Comment